We're excited to announce the details on the Ride With GPS Segment Challenge for the Team Jamis - Hagens Berman Gran Fondo!
All distances (Piccolo, Medio and Gran) of the Team Jamis - Hagens Berman Gran Fondo will have Ride With GPS timed segments. So if you're feeling on top of your game and have a GPS-enabled device, you can throw down to see how you stack up with our pro attendees and your buddies. Out on course you'll see signs for the "Roller Coaster," "Gravel Grovel," "Pain in the Ashland," and "The Wall" segments. One is rolling, the rest are pretty hilly, and they're all a blast.
To participate in the Ride With GPS Segment Challenge:
- Register HERE for one of the Team Jamis - Hagens Berman Gran Fondo rides.
- Visit the Ride With GPS site HERE to open a free account and HERE to download one of their nifty free iPhone or Android smart-phone apps.
- Bring your GPS-enabled device (iPhone, Android phone, Cateye, Garmin, etc.) on September 28 and record your ride.
- Keep an eye out on course for the Ride With GPS Segment Challenge signs (we'll also have all the details at the start/finish area and registration).
- Give it a go and ride fast over the segments.
- Upload your ride at our Ride With GPS Upload Station near the start/finish area. You'll be automatically ranked among all the participants on the day.
- Go boast to your buddies about your segment times!
The fine folks from Ride With GPS will be in town to help out, and they'll have all sorts of prizes for the speediest women and men of each segment like Ride With GPS premium accounts, cycling caps and t-shirts. (Don't worry- our pro attendees won't be eligible to take home that gear). Find more details on the Team Jamis - Hagens Berman Gran Fondo routes and the segments on our Ride With GPS event page HERE.